The Maryland HIMSS Chapter annually awards scholarships of $2,500 each to two deserving students in the healthcare information system field:
- one awarded to a student studying healthcare information systems or related computer science
- one awarded to a student enrolled in certification or technical programs in computer technology, networking and telecommunications.
Applicants must reside or attend a Maryland school or university. Maryland HIMSS will award the recipients with a one-year membership to the Maryland HIMSS Chapter, one-year assignment as a student member of a chapter committee of choice and free attendance at the chapter’s educational programs for one year.
To apply, complete the scholarship form accessible on the links below, or contact:
Karen Marie Wilding
Chair, Professional Development
Maryland HIMSS Chapter
Click Here For Application: PDF DOC
Completed applications must be submitted to Maryland HIMSS by July 1, 2016.
Scholarships will be awarded during the Fall Networking Event.
- Complete application
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- A Letter of Recommendation
- College Transcript & Proof of Registration
- Personal Statement
Other Scholarship Opportunities
HIMSS also offers similar scholarships. Please see their site for additional details: HIMSS Scholarships