The Maryland Chapter for the Health Information Management Systems Society (MDHIMSS) is pleased to offer two scholarships for students enrolled in a part time or full time degree program in a healthcare information and management related discipline. Scholarships are awarded to HIMSS student members who exhibit academic excellence and have the potential to be future leaders in the healthcare information and management systems industry. Applicant must meet all of the following requirements:
- be an active member of MDHIMSS and National HIMSS
- be a member in good standing with HIMSS
- must reside or attend an accredited undergraduate, masters or doctorate program related to the healthcare information management systems field in Maryland
- must have at least a 3.0 GPA
- previous MDHIMSS scholarship winners are ineligible
In addition to the scholarship, MDHIMSS will award the recipient with a one-year membership to MDHIMSS, one-year assignment as a student member of the MDHIMSS Program Committee, and free attendance at the MDHIMSS educational programs for one year.
Scholarship Applicants will be reviewed based on the following categories and sub-criteria. Please include all relevant accomplishments in either your personal statement or resume.
- HIMSS Participation
Click Here For Application: PDF DOC
Completed applications must be submitted to Maryland HIMSS (MD.ProDev@himsschapter.org) by July 31, 2018.
For more information, contact:
Anna E. Schoenbaum, Professional Development Chair
Maryland HIMSS, Board of Directors