Application deadline: 11:59pm, Friday, September 11, 2020.
The Maryland HIMSS Chapter is pleased to announce the opening of their annual call for applications of their Health IT scholarships. Every year, Maryland HIMSS awards 1-2 deserving students actively enrolled in a health care information technology and/or computer science related degree program. “We are honored to support the educational advancement for our chapter members while also providing opportunities for professional development” said Kellie Bedford, Chair of the Memebership and Professional Development Committee. In addition to the $2,500.00 award, recipients will also receive:
- Honorary Maryland HIMSS Chapter Membership for one year
- Admittance into all Chapter Education Programs at no cost
- Appointment to a chapter committee of choice
“The Maryland HIMSS Scholarship is an excellent investment in our local industry and membership. Our Board continues to focus on strategic partnerships with colleges and universities across the state. This is one way that we are committed to giving back to our community and investing in Maryland’s future. And you will see more focus on that in the coming year,” said Kathryn Whitmore, President of the Maryland Chapter.
Click Here to Complete the Application: 2020 Application for MD HIMSS Scholarship
Scholarships are awarded to HIMSS student members who exhibit academic excellence and have the potential to be future leaders in the healthcare information and management systems industry. Applicant must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be an active member of MDHIMSS and National HIMSS
- Be a member in good standing with HIMSS
- Must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate, masters or doctorate program related to the healthcare information management systems field at a Maryland-accredited school or reside in Maryland
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Previous MDHIMSS scholarship winners are ineligible
Applicants will need to submit the following information in order to be considered:
- College transcript & Proof of registration
- Personal statement
- Letter of recommendation
Completed applications must be submitted to Maryland HIMSS no later than 11:59pm, Friday, September 11th, 2020.
For more information, contact:
Kellie Bedford, Membership and Professional Development Chair
Maryland HIMSS, Board of Directors